Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Plant of the Week: California Springtime Emergences!



I've been working on a new trellis design in my shop, so I haven't had as much time to ramble about in search of tantalizing plants to brag about so instead I'm celebrating the emergence of Spring!  Spring, you ask? 
Well.  .  .  yes!  While planting bulbs on Monday I came across some lovely surprises, like the happy forest of Collinsia heterophylla pictured above. 
While the winter chill has yet to greet us, native wildflowers are already planning on keeping us company.  It's the perfect time to scatter your annual seeds or if you're like me, just hang out and see what pops up from last year.  If you're starting fresh, check out Larner Seeds in Bolinas.  They hand collect many of their selections and have quite the variety!  Be on the look out for the results of my little field trip there next week.  I can't wait!



Look how exuberant you are, white poppy!  The bees will be so happy to see you again.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    I just love wildflowers. Please be sure to post photos when they flower.

    I found your blog on Blotanical - Welcome!

    ReplyDelete