Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Bulbs Are Here!



Hooray!  I was so late in the game as far as bulb ordering goes, but they finally arrived and I'm ready to squirrel away my weekend!  Pictured here is Brodiaea coccinea, which will dazzle my springtime with firecracker red flowers (at least that's what I'm hoping for).  Town Mouse includes a great picture of the blooms on her post about the bulbs she ordered this year (although she was totally on top of her game and got them months ago!).  The excitement in planting bulbs for me is always the anticipation- it's greater than the actual result, but I can't help myself year after year. 
I'm also going to try Calochortus superbus and a Brodiaea mixture.  Happy planting!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! I look forward to the flower pictures in due course. I put some bulbs in little pots, for the first time this year - ithuriel's spear and alium unifolium. I'm not sure where I'll put them later on, though, as they'll be critter food if I just stick em in the ground!

    ReplyDelete