Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Pink Succulents From Outter Space



I've got a soft spot for pink rosette-style succulents, but this beauty bowled me over!  I planted her last summer in what is apparently the perfect spot- full, indirect afternoon sun.  I planted it when it was 8" and now it's inching closer to 2'.  It's twin gets more direct sun, but is certainly holding her own.  She sent up the most amazing flower stalks that were the same pink/purple color with dark ruby flowers.  Hummingbirds rejoice!  Planted with Ceanothus 'Diamond Heights', and it's otherworldly.  Well, when you have a photo with decent lighting, anyway.  My apologies. 

I'm going to feebly hazard a guess and say they might be Echeveria 'Afterglow.'  Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I don't have much experience with succulents, but that sounds like an impressive amount of growth for a season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, I love succulents they have such lovely colours and texture

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great description :-) I love succulents with rose-colors.

    ReplyDelete