Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Waiting for the Big Show


Oh, the suspense!  Everyone is budding up for Spring and it's getting so hard to be patient!  Take this Dudleya hassei branch, for instance.  It's so rewarding to have seen it quadruple in size the past year and it will be quite the celebration when he blooms!  I'm hoping a hummingbird will come to join the party.


The Carpenter bees will be so excited when this Collinsia heterophylla comes out to play.  It reseeded from last year!


The Prunella vulgaris has swiftly taken charge of the garden and will grace this shady bed with purple spikes.


But I'm in awe of this little treasure- a Columbine that I had left for dead.  Apparently, it just needed a year to get established because it's sending up its little red rocket blossoms.  It's hard not to be cautiously optimistic about it, though.  With powdery mildew on its way, I'll just enjoy what I've discovered for now and worry about what comes later!

Happy Spring!

2 comments:

  1. That Dudleya looks like it's about to explode! I had no idea it bloomed. Congratulations on the re-emergence of your columbine. I hope the mildew stays away long enough to enjoy its bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy spring to you! Isn't it fun to look around in the springtime, and everything is so full of promise...

    ReplyDelete