Friday, July 10, 2009

The Case of the Mystery Natives


Here's a little peek into the various plants we ran into on our trip to the Trinity Alps. Although they're quite lovely, I can't see myself being able to find them in nurseries. Usually I'd clamor to introduce myself to their names and locales, but I think this time I'll just relish their beauty. However, I know full well my fellow plant geeks can't resist sharing their know-how, so I invite them to share in the comments!

The little flower above is so sweet- I love how the petals are so separate- almost strawberry-like.


This unusual succulent was found on a north-west facing ravine wall amongst the mosses, reaching out its little succulent arms across the rocks.


I want a dress that looks like this! Such a girly, frilly color!



Cotton candy flowers!



A soft little anemone, resting in the shady spots of the meadows. Enjoy the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Great plants! Isn't it fun how there's always something new? As for the Gardenia, maybe you should just stick one in the ground, and maybe it will just grow. I think it's more about being lucky than anything else....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gardenias are so lovely, but I've taken a strict vow of native or edible. If I go back on that, I'd have to let my sweetie plant timber bamboo!

    ReplyDelete