Friday, December 11, 2009

Rose-hips for My Christmas Tree



I collected a bundle of rose-hips the other day from my neighbor.  They'll look great on my foraged Christmas tree!  It's nice to mix it up when most of what I have so far is brown bits of dried up leaves and seed pods.  Hopefully I'll have time to string cranberries!  A friend of mine does this every year and made the point that she never has to remove any decorations when it's time for the tree to sit at the curb.  A compost-ready Christmas.  Brilliant!

7 comments:

  1. i can't wait to see the result! i love rosehips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One year I had a Christmas tree on my front porch. I strung popcorn and cranberry garlands, it looked so pretty. And all the squirrels in the neighbourhood loved it to. It was a free buffet for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine,
    This is a great ideal. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, I hope you post a photo of the completed project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Christine,

    I love this idea! Talk about a sustainable Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, rose hips would be beautiful on a tree! Every year my neighbor drags home a discarded branch and decorates it for Christmas. They are quite sculptural and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, guys! I'll report back on how it goes. Perhaps we'll get a tree tonight and begin our annual trimmings!

    ReplyDelete