Thursday, August 27, 2009

Inspirasjon Fra Norge


I'm fighting the urge to SLEEP after coming home last night by going through our photos of our trip! I won't bombard you with too many fjord photos (and believe me, I have plenty!), but here's a few things I found inspiring. The photo above is of a wall inside the Olso Opera House. I'm usually not a fan of monstrous modern architecture, but I have to admit that I'm an admirer of this one.


Here we have a little mini-house sporting a traditional slate roof. The lichen gives it a lovely pattern. This was along the edge of the Aurlandsfjord.



Here's a grating that was part of the art college in Oslo. The flourishes reminded me a bit of my logo, but it's also providing some inspiration for some bent lamination I'm working on.


Seriously, how cool is that?! It's got a Barbarella/Mid-Century starburst aesthetic that makes me want to be a copycat!

I like the barren landscape around the Hardangerjokulen (jokulen = glacier). It's above the treeline, so only rocks and lichen littered the landscape. When taken out of context, it seems like some textural study of modern art.

No comments:

Post a Comment