Thursday, January 28, 2010

"Wraggle Taggle Gypsy" Wood Talismans



I picked up a darling little book at an estate sale last summer because of the motifs in its illustrations.  So the other day I brought out my wood burning tool and experimented with a few sketches that I borrowed from the Fireside Book of Folk Songs, drawn by Alice and Martin Probensen.  Since gypsy is the new woodland, I had to try drawing this little cart.  I love the stovepipe coming out of the top!

Stay tuned and sit tight- I'll have some new trellises to show in the coming days, especially if the rain continues!

3 comments:

  1. Well, I can certainly tell that you are an artist. I love what you have done with a simple wood burning tool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you! It was fun to do a little sketching on a cold day. The only drawback is that I end up smelling like a campfire afterwards!

    ReplyDelete