Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Did She Say 'Plant Sale'?!

Monardella micrantha 'Marion Sampson'
Just in case you haven't left the cave recently, the East Bay California Native Plant Society plant sale is this weekend!  I'll be volunteering on Sunday in the loading area.  It's such a festive atmosphere with so many happy people- I highly recommend stopping by!  Make a day of it by strolling through the Tilden Botanical Garden (which I still can't believe doesn't charge admission!) and coming to Native Here Nursery to pick up a few plants.  Hope to see you there!

4 comments:

  1. I should be banned from any more native plant sales this fall :P I've gone to two in the last 2 weekends, and my plant holding area looks a nursery itself! There's also a CNPS sale in Los Altos on the 16th. Wish we could swing by the East Bay one though, I haven't been to Tilden in years. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have the same problem of a small nursery in the back garden, and the ground so dry I can't get in with a pickax. Yet the Los Altos sale sounds awfully tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. And me makes three! I too have a clutch of pots waiting to go into the ground! I'll be heading for the Hidden Villa on 16th but won't get a chance to go to Tilda unfortunately. Now where is that rain and how am I going to dig the rock hard earth in the garden to put in the new plants?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be riding in a fundraiser. I would like more bulbs, and I hear that the person working the bulb sale table is super-cool.

    ReplyDelete