Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Tabletop Ghoul's Garden



Oh my gosh,  I'm excited beyond words about these Halloween centerpieces I just finished for a client's party on Saturday.  It's amazing what a little Spanish moss and fishing lures can do!

 
 
The Corokia cotoneaster (the tree-like thing) was a new find for me- not a California native, but quite striking.  If I have time tomorrow, I think I'll fill these empty spots with more purple Aeoniums.



I added a couple of muskrat skulls and some dried Clarkia seedpods. The muskrat looks like he's having a grand time!

 
 
 
The brown bottles strayed from the gray and purple theme, but they do add a little mystery.



Dyckia, a bromeliad (think pineapple plants and you get the general idea) might have to be added to my "I only plant California natives except...." list.
This was ridiculous fun to create.  Happy Halloween!


5 comments:

  1. Very sppoky, what fun....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Susie! It's satisfying to work on a short project sometimes for instant gratification!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! these are beautiful and so creative!

    how freeing that i don't have to keep it a secret any longer that i also have a "I only plant California natives except...." list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I'm afraid we're not all purists! I have to allow non-native succulents into the mix and I'll plant Abutilons in many of my gardens. They're aphid magnets, but they grow fast and provide food for hummingbirds.

    ReplyDelete